Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass

Hey guys, I actually meant to write this last night, but I completely forgot. Sorry!

Well, this is technically the last book in the series, although there are a few novellas which have been put into an anthology(as far as I know) that I hope to read in the future. This book was amazing!! I was just as much in love with it as the first one. It combined the elements of the first two books perfectly.

There is just so much in this book, but it doesn't get overwhelming. America really decides to take a stand and fight for what she wants. A lot of things happen, and I can't tell them to you because I'm pretty sure no one has read the books yet. However, know that you will cry. A lot. There will be happy times that are fantastic, but I definitely cried more than once when reading this. America makes choices, other people make choices, and big things happen. It is a great read and the ending is very satisfying, although I wasn't sure about one of the couple at the end. You read it and let me know what you thought.

I loved how Cass combined the element that just made you fall in love in the first book with the serious element in the second book. I felt so connected and inspired by the characters in this book. I also loved how the antagonists in this series were not always where you think they would come from. The third book also revealed allies in hidden places and the identity of some characters you would be surprised at. All in all this series, and all the books, have a great depth to them that allow us to see true human character. We can identify with all the choices the characters make, even if we don't like them. The identity of the characters is given without drawing out the descriptions and making it boring. I think this is going to be one of my all time favorite series.

I give this book a 10 out of 10 and recommend it to YA readers.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your description of this series. Thank you so much for reading them first. I will definitely read them. Your review is so well written--I enjoyed every word.

    ReplyDelete