Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Elite by Kiera Cass

Hey everyone, sorry my blog post is so late!! I had a crazy work schedule this week and a lot of reading for class!!! I'll try to post 2 reviews next week to make up for it, k? :)

Alright, The Elite by Kiera Cass. GREAT book!!! I didn't fall in love with it the same way that I fell in love with The Selection, but I still think it was just as good. America has now only 6 competitors. The stakes are much higher and the lessons are more serious, as they have to see if the girls are really princess, and future queen, material. The relationship with America and the men in her life are complicated, and while her indecision is a little frustrating, it is also completely understandable. Chapter 31 in this book is probably the best definition of America's relationships. I think it sums them up very nicely and is a great way to end the book!!!

As I said earlier, I think this book is just as good as The Selection, although it doesn't make me fall in love with it the same way. For one thing, The Selection was all about meeting everyone and falling in love with America and any others you happened to like. This book is more serious, and rightly so. Now we see our favorite characters in serious situations and how they react to them. However, it follows the book well because it gets more serious for them as well. The girls are tested, and if they fail it could mean their elimination. Relationships are more serious I just LOVE how Cass portrayed them!! I don't want to give away any spoilers though, so I won't say much more. However, I think she did a great job of portraying how a real relationship would work in this situation. I simply love it, and I am going to be reading The One because I want to know how it all worked out! This is really a fantastic book and although it is more serious, it is very believable and an enjoyable read. If you read it please let me know how you like it.

I give this book a 9 out of 10. I recommend this book for YA readers.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great review--well written and thoughtful. I am suitably intrigued by the characters and their growing relationships. I like that idea very much. Thank you so much for reading these books first! I look forward to reading them myself.

    ReplyDelete